Luckily, I had dance to focus on right after it happened, as we had tech/dress rehearsals and our Christmas show. Everything went really well--I had a small solo bit and managed to not mess it up once in any of the three shows. Go me!
We had a two week break and started classes up again this last week, though not everyone is back yet so things are slow. Going back to class after a break is always an interesting time, and while I somehow managed to get in some decent double pirouettes to the right, the left was a complete disaster as per usual. Things to work on once again.
That, as well as Remedial Ballerina's recent post about goals, got me thinking about what dance goals I have for myself this year. Most of my goals have to do with turns, because those are my arch nemesis in dance, apparently.
Dance Things I Hope to Accomplish in 2015:
(I'll probably stick this in a page up on the top banner eventually, just to remind myself).
- Consistent triple pirouettes on the right and consistent CLEAN doubles on the left (flat). If I can get triples to the left, too, that would be nice.
- At least 16 consecutive fouette pirouettes on each side (flat).
- Doubles en pointe on both sides.
- Develop more back flexibility. It's getting better, but I'd like my arabesque line to be a little nicer.
- Continue to work on my extensions--I'm able to get 90 degrees pretty well (except to the front with the right leg, for some reason). I'd like to have it above 90 for adagio in the center.
I do have one other goal this year: to post more pictures on this blog!! (Obviously failing to start out with since I have no pictures to go with this post, ha!) I'd really like to share more of my dance world on here, but I do like having a bit of anonymity. I'm not sure I'm brave enough to post pictures of myself here (except for my feet haha), so I'm going to have to get creative about it.