Saturday, July 11, 2015

July Challenge Time

While my dance school does have a summer session in the month of July, the schedule tends to be a little more relaxed. With that in mind, I decided that I should amp up some of my other training and start working on (what I consider to be) problems areas. For me, that's my core, arms, and glutes (side note: I read this fascinating article via the Dance Training Project's Facebook page that talks all about how tight calves (!) can be a by-product of weak glutes).

So, I decided to give this whole 30 day workout challenge thing a whirl, and on July 1st I started a couple of them. The big one is the 30-day plank challenge (I'm trying the one from here).

http://ahealthylifeforme.com/52-weeks-of-health-and-fitness-tips-7/#_a5y_p=2525932Having a strong core is super important for so many aspects of dance that I thought it would be a good place to start. Plus, I kind of want to be a bad-ass who can plank for 4 minutes. If you feel like joining me, comment here and keep me posted on your progress! We can all be bad-asses!

That being said, I'm already a little torn about this one--there are several places were you only spend 1 day at a certain increment and I feel like it might be better to space it out more. I may revamp it.

As I mentioned above, I also want to work on my arms and glutes, so I'm also doing a 30-day Arm and 30-day Glute challenge. Both of these challenges are from Alive & Well Fitness, and I really like them because they switch up the exercises you do each day, so its not horrifically repetitive.


http://www.aliveandwellfitness.ca/30-day-arm-challenge/http://www.aliveandwellfitness.ca/30-day-glute-challenge/

I'm 10 days in at this point (today will be Day 11), and so far I've been able to stick to it; only 20 more days to go!  I'll report back near the end of the month and report on any differences I notice with my strength. A lot of the arm and glute stuff I actually like, and may keep doing once the challenge is over  (which is saying a lot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment