Saturday, June 21, 2014

Operation: Recital, a Success!

We had our show last night, and things went pretty well for me.  We had some hiccups with staging/timing on a couple of numbers due to not having had a full dress rehearsal, but overall it went well!  There's always a little something that doesn't pan out quite like you want, but they're always minor things that I'm sure the audience doesn't even notice, so I try not to dwell.

Two of my coworkers came to the show, much to my surprise!  Neither of them had said anything about coming, so when I spotted one of them in the audience I couldn't help but give her a big grin (luckily, it was appropriate to the character I was portraying).

I had spent most of the day being anxious and nervous, but by the time we started dancing I was as calm as can be.  I was glad, because during our Christmas show I'd been super nervous (for reasons I can't explain).  In the past (when I was younger and doing Nutcracker every year), I'd get nervous right before going on, but as soon as I was on stage I'd be fine.  I did not have this experience during our Christmas show, so I wasn't sure how I'd be for this performance, but my nerves appear to have reverted to normal (thank goodness!)

We have a two week break before the summer session (July) starts, though technically I'm taking three weeks "off" because I'm traveling.  However, that third week I'm actually going to be doing a Summer Intensive at my old ballet studio, so I will be dancing!  I've never done an SI before, and there aren't too many available for adults, so I'm excited to get the experience.

1 comment: